You've been invited to attend a job fair by your school, but you don't necessarily see the point of it when you can apply online. You would be wrong to think so. And here's why:
A job fair is an event that brings together companies looking to recruit their future employees. You'll understand, it's the perfect opportunity to meet a multitude of recruiters and apply for jobs IRL in the space of a day.
Also known as job dating, these events are the ideal opportunity for candidates and recruiters to meet, exchange ideas and possibly recruit if there is a match.
A gold mine
If the goal of a job fair is to find the right job, it is actually much more than that.
A job fair allows you to :
- Exchange and learn more about the job you want and the companies present by having informal interviews
- Get instant feedback from the recruiter. You will know what skills are required for the position and you will have an idea of those you could learn or improve.
- Build your professional network. You'll talk to recruiters and professionals in the industry you're interested in, so it's a great opportunity to get contacts!
- Gain self-confidence. The more forums you attend, the more you'll get used to presenting yourself and selling yourself to recruiters. Interviews will no longer be a problem for you!
Get into the jobverse
Jobverses - a contraction of job fair and metaverse - have quickly become a part of the job fair game, and this, since the health crisis.
A format that has become popular and has been developed to offer an immersive experience to both candidates and employers.
This is the case of Refty.
Set in a pixelated universe reminiscent of Pokemon, each forum is dedicated to the recruitment of a particular profession. With your avatar, you can walk from booth to booth to talk with recruiters and attend conferences given by professionals to deepen your knowledge!
If your profile has caught the attention of the recruiters, you will be contacted for a future interview!
Just like in real life, isn't it?
A successful job fair
There's nothing tricky about a successful job fair. And to prove it, we've put together a little guide to help you. You will find essential tips for :
- Prepare yourself for the forum
- Optimize your presence on the day
- Reap the rewards of the job fair
To access and/or download the guide, click 👉 here
You are having doubts about your career, you don't feel aligned with your company's mission and values, or you can't realize your potential in your current job?
👇 We offer you a week to discover Prepera and help you land your dream job 👇